Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Series Spotlight Saturday: The Demon series by Erin Lynn

 
Title: Demon Envy & Speed Demon
Author: Erin Lynn
Goodreads: Demon Envy & Speed Demon
Buy on Amazon: Demon Envy & Speed Demon
Summary: (From first book) Being a teenager can be hell-especially when you're friends with someone who was born there. 

Kenzie Sutcliffe woke up to another normal morning-until a demon popped up in her shower. While trying to get rid of a monster zit, she dropped her acne lotion in the tub. And when fifty bucks' worth of it swirled down the drain, it freed a demon from his prison portal. A mysteriously geeky-looking demon.

So now Kenzie is saddled with a creature who looks and acts like every other guy she knows-that is, annoying. At least Levi has a job-if you can call it that. He has to stir up envy and jealousy in humans, or he starves. All he's tempting Kenzie to do is to crawl back into her bedroom and hide there forever. Because no one is going to be coveting her life after this.



I recently took the time to read these books and I have to say, they were precious. The story is pretty creative, what with Kenzie opening up portals to a demon prison in her home. She is the only one who can open or close these portals. Levi is just great. I love watching the two of them fight their attraction to each other. The second book especially jumps into a bit more romance and watching Levi is just perfect.

I was incredibly disappointed to see that there was not additional books in the series. The end of Speed Demon leaves you knowing that the series is not completed, but it has been quite a few years now since anything was released. A journey to Erin Lynn's website produced this:

When is the next teen DEMON book out?
Unfortunately, this too is a publisher decision, and as of right now, there will be no third book. Can you see me pouting? I really want to finish the series and am toying with the idea of publishing them myself on Kindle. If you would be interested in a Kindle edition, let me know!


Disappointing on all fronts. I couldn't help myself. I contacted her, hoping to hear something about it and when it might be possible to see anything. I got this mail back in response:
Thank you, Jodi! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them. :-) I am working on carving out some time in my schedule to finish the series so when it happens, it will be up on my website.
Best,
Erin



So hopefully the next books will be begun being written soon. I urge everyone to contact her and ask for them as well. I'm certain she would love to know they are desired.

In the meantime, even if the series is not completed, I highly recommend reading these two books. They are quick and easy reads and are just such fun.

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope that she finishes the story!
I cant imagine why they wouldnt want to continue the story if the author is willing to write the books! Maybe they just didnt sell that well! :( so sad
Anyways... I tagged you for the Liebster BLOGGER Award! Check out my blog for more information:

http://www.theresamjones.blogspot.co

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's what I am thinking, is that they didn't sell well. If they had been better promoted though I think they would've done well. They were so cute so it makes no sense to me that they wouldn't let her complete the series.

:D Snazzy! I'll make a post with it soon! I don't know who I will tag! I don't follow enough blogs. *panics*

Post a Comment