Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Firsts

I grew up around books. I think I only learned how to walk so that I could get to a new book once I had finished with another. While most kids were getting really good with the "Run Jane, Run" books, I was reading chapter novels and touching on the works of Shakespeare. When I was seven I decided I wanted to write my own novel. Everyone I talked to about it told me that it was impossible. I was too young and my dyslexia was too bad. When I was ten, in secret I began writing a novel. I remember crying over the loss of it in 1998 when a flood destroyed our home. The novel had hardly begun. I was in my impressionable teenage years, where peer-pressure is a constant, so because I had even more people telling me that it was impossible, the novel was never picked back up. I am done listening to people tell me I can't do something. Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it. I am writing my novel.

I don't have dreams of being published, I won't dream so high. My dream is to write my novel. I will adjust my dream past that as I go. I decided to start this blog to document things as I go along. I'm a fairly private person, and I feel like this blog will help me to open up and build confidence as I do this. 

This blog will showcase posts about my novel as I go along, plot, characters, progress reports, fears, dreams and the like. I will also post reviews about books that I read and am impressed with. I would love to connect with other authors working on their own novels or anyone who just wants to lend support my way.

I will work to reply to every comment I can.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im very glad you started a blog!!! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

♥ I'm going to be pimping your blog in an upcoming post soon. I'm trying to stagger my reviews and real posts and so I have a ton of stuff saved as drafts right now.

Post a Comment